Thursday, November 26, 2009

Pineapple Pumpkin Pie


Pineapple Pumpkin Pie
It is Thanksgiving Morning, and I want to wish all of you a wonderful Thanksgiving Day and pray that Our Lord Jesus watches over all of you and helps us all to realize a brighter future.

I was in my Italian Kitchen, this morning, fussing with the tukey, when I spotted an older 29 oz can of Libbys pure pumpkin in the cupboard. I also had an opened 20 oz oz can crushed pineapple in the refrigerator


I had a couple of frozen unbaked 9" pie shells in the freezer, and a dented 12 oz can of evaporated milk that I had picked up on the markdown counter, so I decided to create a Pineapple Pumpkin Pie.
I am sure you will love this one!

* 2- 9" pie shells
* 1 29 oz can pure pumpkin
* 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple
* 1 12 oz can evaporated milk
* 4 eggs
* 2 tblspoons cinnamon
* 1 cup brownulated sugar
* pinch of salt
Crack four eggs into a large bowl and add a pinch of salt, cinnamon and brownlated sugar and wisk to mix. You may add nutmeg and cloves if you desire.

Now, add pumpkin to the bowl and wisk until thoroughly mixed. You can use fresh pumpkin if you prefer.  Next addition is the evaporated milk, wisking until mixed and smooth.

At this point, add the crushed pineapple and fold into the pumpkin pie mixture. Pour into two 9" pie crusts and place in oven at 350 degrees for 90 minutes or until center is firm. I put them in the oven with the turkey, on the top racks over the turkey, so the temperature had to be in keeping with the roasting turkey.

Creativity is the key to good cooking.  I believe this to be the most delicious pumpkin pie you will ever taste!  Simple, quick, and delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment